Friday, October 19, 2007

Princess Lucy


Lucy turned 1 yesterday! We can't believe it. Her birthday is during football season so we met Justin in between school and his game to celebrate. (Hopefully she won't need too much therapy in the future!) We had hot fudge sundays at McDonalds and opened presents. She was so excited! She got a baby doll that looks just like her, so we call her mini lulu.

As for 1st milestones, we are still working on walking. She will stand in front of you as long as she wants. But if you try to get her to walk to you, she'll sit down and crawl or go limp if you try to help her. Talk about stubborn. Her temper is starting to show itself. She lets her brothers know if they have crossed the line or taken something she wants. Last night she threw her binkie and bottle at Justin because she was mad. Yikes! She loves to grab your nose and thinks she is super funny.

Happy Birthday, Lucy.

8 comments:

Morgan said...

Look on the bright side...at least she is practicing her aim so she can play football and baseball with her brothers.

We love you Lu!

Amanda said...

Happy Day, Lu! She looks exactly like Justin! Congrats, Sara, on such a beautiful family. I miss seeing you, and no, neither Sarah, Rebecca nor I will be at the shower! Darn it!

Molly said...

She's darling. Doesn't the first year go too fast??? I can't believe the twins are closing in on 6 months.

lyon family said...

Unfortunately I have Lucy's cold..but I can never resist that cute little thing...and last night she thought she was hilarious by grabbing my nose or mouth, oh well. Happy biday little lu.

Mary Frances & Shawn Cochran said...

I think the best is how funny she thinks she is. She gets that from her mother, who is constantly laughing at herself even when no one else is! Love you little lu!

lyon family said...

We love our little Lucy! Who would have guessed that in a family of girls and only one boy, girls would become such a scarcity in the next generation. We only see Lucy's sweetness but are darn glad that she can defend herself and hold her own with all the boy brothers and cousins. Happy Day, little Lu! Nana and Grandpa Joe

The Begleys said...

this is my kind of party...I see kids with $2K easy for a birthday party...balloons, clowns, food, airpump jump things in the backyard. I'm all over the ice cream at McD's...

Rebecca said...

Sara, she is darling. I can't believe I still haven't met her! My mom said it was great fun seeing both of you at the shower on Saturday . . . sorry I missed it! I am going to plan a lunch soon for you, Amanda and me so we can all catch up. It's been WAY too long.