Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wasatch Back

I don't usually post about myself, but I did something over the weekend that was amazing. (That is to say, the experience was amazing, but I'm pretty awesome as well.)

I ran the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay with my friend Annie and her fun and funny family. We spent 31 hours together running, driving, starving, not sleeping and then running some more. I can't tell you why running, driving and starving was so fun, but it was!


I was runner #2 and my legs combined for 15 miles. On my final leg I was passed (road killed) by Matt Garff. What?!! As if losing to him in the Boulton Fun Run wasn't enough.

Wanting to hurl after trying to catch Matt!


I am literally counting down the days until next year's race. For the first time since my kids arrived I feel like the "I want to be athletic" part of Sara is back and I'm loving it!

8 comments:

The Morris Family said...

You are so awesome. I am totally jealous of your athletics and your cute skinny body!!! I am also glad you posted this on yourself you should brag brag brag! Call us sometime we need to get together soon.

Amanda said...

Okay, I put out a feeler once about the marathon, but I'm serious when I say that I want to do the Wasatch Back! I was literally telling my friend Katie, with whom I work out every morning, that we should get a team together and do it next year. So, uh, do you have room for two more??? If not, wanna be my coach??? C'mon, Sara, I'm not joking here!

Rebecca said...

Tommy, Emily and I had Team Whitney all ready to go for this and then everything fell apart because of Trent's school schedule and Tommy's lack of vacation. I'm doing the DC version with Tommy in September and we're totally planning on next year's Wasatch Back. I've heard nothing but great things about it. Way to go!

Morgan said...

So proud.

Jolie said...

I'm inspired! After reading your blog and everyones comments I'm ready to get moving! Great job!

Marci + Dan said...

NICE! Congrats. What a cool experience.

Team Sonntag said...

So proud of you and Poochie. And now that I know that the events included running, not sleeping and starving I am second guessing my entry with you next year.

Amanda said...

My team and I just registered tonight! I am dying with excitement, anticipation, fear, and all that other stuff. WIll you email me the secrets, the in's and out's, and the things I should know? Seriously, I don't have your address, but you can email me through my blog.

Thanks - I'll be watching out for you to pass me on race day!